In order to use a remote digital signature certificate, it is necessary to:
- be in possession of the digital blind envelope containing the PIN for use;
- have activated the OTP (One Time Password) reception mode;
OTP Android Configuration
OTP iOS Configuration
- have correctly installed the FirmaCerta software
How to install FirmaCerta software
HOW TO SIGN A FILE WITH FIRMACERTA
FirmaCerta can be used to sign any document using one of the following methods:
- Drag & Drop: Drag the file(s) to be signed to the FirmaCerta software window, let go, and then click the SIGN icon; multiple files can be dragged and dropped simultaneously.
- From the file: Use the mouse to right-click directly on the icon of the file(s) to be signed and select “Sign” from the drop-down menu.
- Via the software: Click the SIGN icon directly to search your computer for the file you want to sign.
Upload the file to be signed to the programme, and click SIGN.
Here's how to digitally sign a file using a Remote Signature
If signing a PDF or XML file, once the user clicks "sign", a window will appear asking them to specify the format to use to sign the document.
- Press Yes to apply a PAdES (or XAdes) signature, maintaining the .pdf or .xml format
(for more information see PAdES signature and XAdES signature)
- Press No to apply a CAdES signature, in .p7m format.
Select a destination folder for the signed file, then click OK.
Proceed with the signing operation by pressing Yes.
N.B. We recommend creating a dedicated folder in which to save the digitally signed files.
ENTERING REMOTE SIGNATURE PARAMETERS
When launching the FirmaCerta software for the first time, the username must be configured to use remote signatures.
Go to Settings and enter the username provided when the certificate was issued.
N.B. Recover remote signature credentials.
Users who have lost their credentials should go to their reserved area at the following address: https://portal.namirialtsp.com. Click on “Forgotten User name" and follow the instructions provided.
SELECTING VIRTUAL SIGNATURE DEVICE
Click the figure in the red box to select your virtual signature device; alternatively, you can add it manually, by retrieving the code from the e-mail in which the certificate was issued.
The following window lists all of your virtual signature devices. Select the relevant one and click OK.
Once the virtual device has been added, confirm the operation by clicking OK.
Enter the PIN received in the digital security envelope and click the figure in the red box to select the OTP Device, then click OK to confirm.
The OTP Token type is shown on this screen, in this case GENERATOR.
Open the Namirial OTP application and enter the code in the box marked OTP.
If you have an SMS OTP, click on "Send SMS" to receive the OTP code.
If you have a TOKEN OTP, follow the instructions for the TOKEN OTP Configuration.
Once the procedure is complete, the following confirmation message will appear.
If the problem persit